Pages

Tuesday, April 14, 2015

My Home Decorations

Let me share with you two of my decorations I made for my flat. I have to say, they didn't come out at all as I planned, but at least they are decorating the place.

You will see here that my own trade is crochet. I love to crochet. I feel like I can make anything I want, and best of all, I can make it while watching my favourite programs. A bonus is the satisfaction I feel once I have a completed project, but my perfectionist side sometimes spoils it by noticing flaws.

Crocheted Lampshade


The crocheted lampshade, made with wire, spool knitting, beads, toilet roll and variety of crochet stitches.
This lampshade might not look like much, but it creates such a beautiful ambiance. My plan with this lamp was to make it a little larger, but I lacked the right materials, such as proper wire. I did have some wire that I use for my beading, which you can see around the beads (covered with spool knitted wool).


I made plenty of mini crocheted circles and crocheted them together to merge the top part and bottom part together, while still looking nice. The bottom part got it's volume from the curled wire on the inside - again, I would have like it to have had more volume, but creativity comes from making something with what you have.

The top of the lampshade is a piece of toilet roll crocheted over. It was the perfect size to fit snug over the light bulb. Just be aware that this room doesn't get used a lot, which means the light never gets time to really heat up. I have no idea how well this decoration will handle heat.

Mini Crocheted Tablecloth



I probably shouldn't call it a crocheted tablecloth, but it is what I wanted until I ran out of wool. I decided that it actually looks nice when it is such a small size. I got this crochet pattern somewhere on the internet, but sadly I can't remember where. I take no credit for the pattern.

It's fun to decorate your home with your own handiwork. If you have made something for your own home, please share it with us!

No comments:

Post a Comment