Pages

Sunday, September 6, 2015

Update Time: What I Did

In the past few months, I have been on a discovery of new things. These things can be seen as interesting, rewarding experiences and others as less so. One of these events led me to Irish crochet, so it wasn't all bad. So let me get you all updated.

Irish Crochet

Irish crochet is an amazing way to make things you didn't think you could. Currently (or not-so-current, as I have stopped for a while now), I am busy with two Irish crochet projects. The one project is a small decoration that I decided to make as a learning curve; and the second project is a rather large one: an Irish crochet gown. Rather, I think I could call it a gown. I will post pictures of these as soon as I have space to pack it out.

I am also trying to make a huge Irish crochet project, namely an Irish crochet throw. This project is only in my mind. I have found a pattern I would like to try and the wool. As with all creative projects, mine won't look like the pattern's end result, as my wool is a lot thinner. I am still excited to give this project a try and I will keep you updated once I start with it (once I have my table back).

My parents gave me this amazing table; perfect for Irish crochet projects, but as you can see, it's useful for other reasons too...

My Mother's Birthday Scarf

I can say that I am, after months of only practising Irish crochet, finally busy with something else, too. It feels good to return to plain crochet after so long!

My first project after the Irish crochet is a scarf for my mother's birthday (about time, as her birthday was a few months ago...) and it is not going exactly as planned. Here is a photo of the half-finished job.




My mother wants the scarf done in the same crochet pattern as I used for this tablecloth. Problem is that this particular pattern was one I found on the internet. I have no idea where it is. I have been trying to remake it, but with this particular wool, the pattern isn't looking as beautiful to me as it does on the tablecloth.

Update: I have changed the hook size and I am a lot happier with it now. Read here about the importance of hook sizes. 

And So...

Work is going slow, as I recently moved again. This time, I am living in one of the loudest places I have ever lived. Isn't apartment life great? I mean, where else do you get to pay a fortune for a box where you actually get to do nothing but stress and complain about lack of sleep and many other necessary things?

Only last night the police were called out to the apartment block next to us, as it sounded like someone was getting murdered in the parking lot for about half an hour. The police ended up going on a high speed chase, while everyone else was just standing on balconies watching everything play out.

I will rather continue another day before I go into a rant. Enjoy your day and don't forget to comment (especially about your apartment life story)!


No comments:

Post a Comment